So, we all know about "THOSE" moms, right??!
The perfect moms, that are always doing fun things with their kids. The ones that can do no wrong and really make us "regular" moms look bad??
I never have. Until last night.. When my husband got home from work last night, I thought to myself, "oh my god, he's THAT Dad!"
I'll start from the beginning...
I told her that I didn't know where I would get a candy apple, but that I would try.
Her response?? "Daddy will find me one!"
Apparently Daddy is The Man!
So, when Daddy called, I told him while laughing, that he was expected to come home with a candy apple. I told him her exact words. I have to admit, Peter usually does a great job finding whatever it is the princess wants, but I figured this might stump him.
There was no way that I was going to tell him I knew where to find them (hehehe) so,
I ended the conversation with "Good luck Daddy!"
Fast Forward to 6pm ~ Daddy walks in the door all smiles. Gracie runs over and says "Daddy, did you get my candy apple?"
Daddy says "I did better Gracie, I got all of the stuff to make our own candy apples!"
REALLY??!! REALLY??!?!! What made him think of that, and why does he even want to do that??
Gracie's face was pricless. She was so excited.
Daddy went to the trouble of finding a recipe online, going to the grocery store, (after a long day at work) buying all of the stuff and and then came home and made them with her..
I have to admit it was pretty cute sitting watching them do it together.
As I watched, it struck me that my husband is "THAT DAD!" Not only does he make other dads look bad, he makes his own wife look bad.
The candy apple thing isn't the first or only thing he's done to earn this status. Nope! Here is a list of things that makes my husband "THAT DAD" or in Gracie's eyes SUPER DADDY!
1. He makes candy apples with her rather than simply buying one (most would buy)
2. He bakes bread with and for her.. Yep, bread! Banana Bread, Whole Wheat, Rosemary Garlic.....(how many dads bake, honestly?!)
3. He bought her a paint brush of her very own so that every time he paints, she can too. If he paints the wall, she paints the wall. If he paints a cabinet, she paints the cabinet too (who has patience like that?)
4. He gives her her very own Hammer to help him while he's building the shed.. She trots around banging that hammer and really believes shes playing a huge part in the construction of that shed (most would think their kid was just in the way)
5.When he cooks dinner, she's allowed to stand on a chair and help with everything he does. She gets to stir, measure, pour. (again, patience?!!!)
6. He takes her to the park, with the dog. He deals with "Park Mommies" just to make her happy. (Sorry, but I can't do Park Mommies)
7. Wherever he goes on Saturday, she goes. In the truck. To Home Depot, to the dump, wherever it may be, and he gets her the "fun" carts every time. (I usually say no because they're harder to push)
8. He enjoys each and every one of these things while he does them!
Do you see?? He's "THAT" Dad! He really is!
I wonder if other dads hate him as much as we hate "THOSE" moms?? I bet they do!
I wish I could be more like him, but I it's hard when I'm the one who is home and with the girls all of the time. (Therefore, no patience, EVER!)
I think it's easy for him because he is just so excited to be home and to be with them. It's probably just as much fun for him as it is them.. (At least this is what I keep telling myself, and I have noticed though that he has less patience on weekends!)
I tease him and say that he makes me look bad.. And maybe I am JUST a little bit jealous that he's so good with the girls.
What I would never tell him though, is that he's damn sexy while he's doing it!!