I've debated what to say, or how to jump back in to the world of blogging.
In some ways I feel that I owe everyone some sort of explanation as to where I've been for two months, but in another way, I don't feel like I really need to go there..
So... I think I'm just going to dive back in with my Friday Five. Without going into too much detail, it will still give you an idea of where my life is right now and where the heck I've been.. The main thing that everyone should know is that I'm healthy, my kids are healthy, my hubby is healthy, and we're all still relatively sane!
Here we go.. (Things I've learned since I've been gone)
1. I LOVE BAKING !! ~ Ok, so this is something that I already knew, but my love has been renewed. When something you do, even something as small as baking, puts a smile on someones face, it can renew your love very quickly. I started baking again to put a smile on someone else's face, and soon realized that it was putting one on mine as well. Now I'm baking almost daily.. Love it!
2. BEST POUTINE=HOSPITAL CAFETERIA~ Why is it that all hospital cafeterias have the best french fries? Seriously! I remember from having my babies that the fries were amazing, but now having tried the poutine?! My gosh! Forget McDonald's and Wendy's, from now on when I'm hungover and craving junk, you'll find me at the hospital cafeteria.. (no, not really!)
3. FAMILY~ Family is everything. Family can also really suck. Something that I've learned over the last little while is that "family" isn't always blood. Family is: friends that pop up when you need a hug, friends that send a message to let you know they're thinking of you when you're convinced that no one is, and family are the people that want to be in your life. I found a quote that sums it up.. "Family isn't always about who's blood you have, it's about who you care about"... Yes my family is great, but some of my friends have proven lately that they are more like family..
my posts, deciding what kind of birth control that I was going to choose. Let's just say this.. I made the wrong choice!! I think that I will do a post on why, another day, but for now, if anyone is considering the Mirena IUD.... DON'T DO IT!
5. DOCTORS ARE MORONS ~ Okay, maybe not all doctors, but most that I have come into contact with lately.. I'm still struggling with issues that Miss Lylah is having.. The doctor seems to think that constipation, daily sore belly, extreme thirst, dark circles under the eyes, and lots of gas are normal things for a 2 year old to be experiencing. So.. off to the natural doctors we go.. At least they listen!
Okay,,, I have a 6th today....
6. TIME=MEMORIES ~ Please never take it for granted. Every day that we get to spend with our loved ones is a bonus.. as cheesy as it sounds, a gift. Don't take it for granted. Make the most out of your days. Make the most of every minute that you get to spend with the people you love. Take pictures, and take in everything you can.. We're so blessed right now to be making memories with someone who is very close to us. We don't know how much time we have, but we DO know that we will cherish every single second we have. We DO know we have memories that can never be replaced.. I challenge all of you to do the same with your loved ones, because, after all,, no one really knows what tomorrow will bring..
Have a great weekend everyone.. it's great to be back.